Bonaire is one of the ABC Netherland Caribbean islands, the other two being Aruba and Curacao. One of the best and cheapest ways to see the island is by scooter. We hired ours through Scooters Bonaire in Kralendijk:
Price was $50 US for a days hire, including a full tank of petrol and insurance. There were no hidden costs- special deals for cruise ships. Helmets are now compulsory in Bonaire.
All set, we hit the open road.
We covered the beaches, the salt ponds and slave huts, restaurants and shops. It is a fabulous island.
Kite Beach, Bonaire
Salt ponds Bonaire
Shops and restaurants
To quote George Ezra we were ‘riding shotgun in the hot sun’ seeing Bonaire in style. Ready now to move on to Aruba and Curacao.
Stranded in the Caribbean Sea unable to dock, but I ain’t complaining.
#MS Braemar. #floating the Caribbean #stranded at sea #Dominican Republic
Southampton is a port city in Hampshire on England’s south coast with a deep rooted Seafaring history.
https://visitsouthampton.co.uk/ I’m a regular visitor to the city on account of my partner being a cruise ship musician.
It’s a busy and successful deep-water port and used by a wide range of customers and trades, with facilities to handle virtually any type of cargo:
Things I like about Southampton:
• The Titanic departed from here in 1912.
• It is the cruise capital of Europe. Gateway to the world. A place of adventure, beginnings and endings.
• The freight trains in the port
• St Mary’s Football stadium the home stadium of Premier League club, Southampton F.C. since 2001:
• The Seafarers mission:
https://www.missiontoseafarers.org/ A mission to support all men and women who work at sea.
• The Bargate: built after the Norman conquest of England c.1180 of flint and stone. It forms part of The city’s walls and kept out intruders.
https://www.mettricks.com/ . It’s our meeting place.
• It’s beautiful parks. Perfect to sit and catch up in before we say goodbye again.