Southampton is a port city in Hampshire on England’s south coast with a deep rooted Seafaring history.
https://visitsouthampton.co.uk/ I’m a regular visitor to the city on account of my partner being a cruise ship musician.
It’s a busy and successful deep-water port and used by a wide range of customers and trades, with facilities to handle virtually any type of cargo: http://www.southamptonvts.co.
Things I like about Southampton:
• The Titanic departed from here in 1912.
• It is the cruise capital of Europe. Gateway to the world. A place of adventure, beginnings and endings.
• The freight trains in the port
• St Mary’s Football stadium the home stadium of Premier League club, Southampton F.C. since 2001: https://www.southamptonfc.com
• The Seafarers mission: https://www.missiontoseafarers.org/ A mission to support all men and women who work at sea.
• The Bargate: built after the Norman conquest of England c.1180 of flint and stone. It forms part of The city’s walls and kept out intruders.
• Mettricks: https://www.mettricks.com/ . It’s our meeting place.
• It’s beautiful parks. Perfect to sit and catch up in before we say goodbye again.